The transportation sector and its various modes (automotive, trucking, rail, shipping, and air transit) are all the subject of significant government oversight, intervention, and regulatory activity. Technological innovation, national security, safety, and environmental concerns have all accelerated the pace and cost of regulatory compliance. Now more than ever, companies that operate in the transportation sector must engage with public policy makers on the legislative and regulatory issues that define their markets and specific business interests.
The Potomac Alliance has professionals with over 60 years of collective experience navigating the intersection of government policy and transportation sector interests. We use this experience to develop tailored legislative and regulatory strategies to advance and defend client business objectives. We routinely represent clients before the U.S. Department of Transportation and its various sub-agencies including: the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA); the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA); the Federal Highway Administration (FHWA); the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA); the Federal Railroad Administration (FRA); the Research and Innovative Technology Administration (RITA); and the Pipeline and Hazardous Materials Safety Administration (PHMSA). Additionally, we work closely with the National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB), the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE), and the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).
The Potomac Alliance professionals are widely recognized for the services they provide in the following areas:
- Planning and executing comprehensive government affairs strategies including monitoring, tracking, and analyzing pending legislation and regulations
- Direct advocacy support to clients with regulatory issues before transportation-related government agencies and with the key decision-making personnel
- Direct advocacy support to clients with legislative issues before Congress, the Executive Branch, key staff members, and before the congressional committees with jurisdiction over transportation-related matters
- Drafting legislation on behalf of client interests
- Assisting with the analysis and drafting of any regulatory comments filed by the client during the rulemaking process
- Federal marketing support related to procurements, grants, loans, joint R&D, tax credits, and public-private partnerships
- Advising clients on compliance with new regulatory requirements impacting their business interests
- Support to clients in their participation with allied industry trade associations and industry coalitions on legislative or regulatory matters