Political Intelligence for Capital Markets
Increasingly, policy decisions made in Washington D.C., various state capitals, and within regional trading blocs (EU, ASEAN) will move financial markets and influence corporate investment strategies. With passage of the $787 billion “American Recovery and Reinvestment Act,” the U.S. government became the largest venture capital resource in the world. Coupled with the global growth of government intervention and the significant shift toward re-regulation in key industrial sectors, a premium has been placed on the ability to obtain, analyze, and disseminate “political intelligence” …ahead of the news cycle.
Building on our legislative and regulatory expertise, and the relationships we have established with key legislators and regulators, the professionals at The Potomac Alliance are well positioned to serve as a critical information resource for market analysts, investment bankers, fund managers, and corporate executives responsible for CAPEX decisions.
At The Potomac Alliance, our specific legislative and regulatory expertise in the Transportation and the Traditional & Renewable Energy sectors can greatly assist investment professionals in making thoughtful investment decisions that account for political risk. We engage every day with the congressional committees and regulatory agencies that have jurisdiction over the government policies applicable to these key sectors. The Potomac Alliance can provide your organization with:
- Legislative and regulatory analysis to assess market impact on specific industry sectors (threats and opportunities)
- Review budget proposals and appropriation bills to identify anticipated federal spending initiatives
- Identify grants, loans, joint R&D, and tax credit proposals targeted to specific industry sectors
- Assistance with M&A activity or shareholder initiatives
- Research and trend analysis to uncover emerging threats and opportunities in regulated industry sectors
- Review of pending government or industry-initiated recall and defect investigations